Monday, December 5, 2011

Follow-up Neurologist Visit

Charles was very nervous heading out to his appointment today.  I think he must fear "bad news".  Doc said that his walking is much better and he is not going to change anything but wants to give the medicine time to work -- he goes back in January.

Doc did say that he thinks he is depressed -- no appetite, not sleeping well, sitting around a lot and just tuning out.  Dr. Besson put him on an anti-depressant for his anxiety and Dr. Owens said it could take several weeks for the medicine to work.  This has been an awful month for him and I am so ready for him to snap out of it.  I did see an improvement in his spirit after we got home.  I want the old Charlie back -- the laughing, telling jokes, cutting-up Charlie.  I think he fears having to sell the farm (which I would love) or keeping the farm and not being able to take care of it.  I feel so sorry for him and I am not going to let him set at home alone all winter.  Winter depresses me!

I was hoping he would look at the MRI -- he didn't -- said he would look at it and call.

No comments:

Post a Comment